We support all Mandurah suburbs with no callout fee. We’re local and we can come out the same day. No Fix No Fee.
Here’s our Desktop/Notebook Wizard Electronics IT General Service Checklist
Fixing slow computers – Common Issues addressed with a Standard Service.
- Check the age/CPU/RAM spec of the machine. What was once a powerhouse PC might not be up to running the latest version of Windows 10.
- Check the hard drive – replace mechanical or older SSD with a new drive or better still a new PC.
- Check drive Free Space – if less than 10-20GB can cause issues. Use Treesize or CCleaner to remove unwanted items.
- Disable Startup items using MSConfig, on the services Tab Hide Microsoft Items, then untick as many items as possible. Any issues you can easily turn a component back on.
- Uninstall unwanted software, especially items running in the background or that have Icons active next to the time in the Task Bar.
- Run ADWcleaner and or similar malware scanning tools.
- Run your AV product with a Full Scan.
- Review your Antivirus Product – some products score poorly in performance and cause slowness.
- Check Windows Updates and recheck until no items remain.
- Check graphics card drivers are provided by the manufacturer rather than Microsoft generic.
- Check Device Manager for any issues.
- Check logs in Event Viewer
- Run chkdsk C: /f /r at the command prompt as admin. Replace drive any bad sectors found as they will continue to get worse.
- Run SFC /scannow to check the OS installation.
- Any issues or just to refresh, backup data and reinstall Windows.
- Blow out excess dust that may affect performance from overheating.
- Upgrade hardware – new RAM for notebook or PC’s, graphics cards make a huge difference for some applications.
- Update Application software – for example for Outlook running slow, run Office Updates from File, Office Account, Updates. Issues with Adobe, go to the Help tab, Check for Updates.
- Call Wizard Electronics today for free advice or to book a complete service.
Call now for free advice or an estimate on 0401 050 596